
These candlestick lamps are easy to find at yard sales and thrift stores. I buy them if they are cheap enough and store them away for a rainy day. I also have a collection of orphan shades to mix and match. This is not a before picture of my latest lamp makeover- it is similar- I didn't think about taking a picture before I jumped in.

I spray painted the lamp black. Easy enough. The shade is where the work comes in. If the shade has a pattern, it is best to spray it with primer so the pattern does not show when the light is on. I ended up painting this shade black because the primer did not cover the gingham checks.

I glue on the burlap and make yo-yo flowers and felted wool leaves. Finally I glue trim around the top and bottom to cover the edge of the burlap.

These don't last very long at my booth. As soon as I make one - I start on the next one. We have found lamps to be good sellers. A little work makes a lamp look new and I can charge reasonable prices. Lamps and shades are so expensive in stores!

Here is a sneek peek at my next makeover victim. My vision is painted shabby white with linen upholstery. There are so many staples in it that I may have to be working on this for a long time!
2 comments:
That is so very pretty. I love seeing your before and after pictures and learning the process of how you do it.
Your lamp make-over with those sweet flowers is really nice. Also, I love the lines of that chair. What about reupholstering it to go with your dining room chairs and use it for the head of the table chair. I love the style of the chair.
Lilxxoo
Post a Comment