Saturday, November 19, 2011

My New Job!

Yes, it is true...I have another job....unexpected but fun! And A. LOT. OF. WORK.


Hubby came home about a month ago with a surprise.


"How would you like a booth at Angels?"


"I have always wanted to try that, but, I need time to prepare."


"You move in November 1."





So the last month has been a blurr. We painted and moved in the first week of November. I had to dig around the house for shelves and pieces to display on. (Craft room is a shambles...picture me dumping fabric on the floor to take the shelves!) The next 2 weeks we spent every available minute tagging items and stocking the booth. We had plenty of "junk" left over from our ebay business- stuff that did not sell or stuff we never got to list. I had no idea how much time that would take! And people were buying stuff as fast as we could put it up there! So things have evened out -the booth looks full- we are over the "new booth rush" - we are still selling but we have enough up there so it does not look bare when things sell!

My New Home-
My Sign- TLC is the code for our sales-
This is the back wall. The old sink was in our basement when we moved in and I always knew I would need it someday!
We have sort of a corner booth because there is a fire exit on one side. This view is from the aisle.
I started out with Thanksgiving and Auburn here on the little table -but some is gone and I will move Christmas out there before next Saturday.
Christmas corner- (former ebay shelves on top of table from the basement) -

I was putting most of my vintage Christmas finds on etsy or ebay. But shipping some things is getting old- things break, it is expensive to buy packing materials and time consuming!!! We will still list some things but now we have a place for things that are small and less expensive to go!





Plus I now have a home for my crafty items! Like Snowmen tassels and linen pillows-


And the Hubby has a home of some of his random treasures...


He told me not to let the crafty things take over..... Here is a compromise...I made some trees and have the supplies to make your own!

The cost works out about the same by the time you buy the supplies- I hope this gets rid of some of the teacup stash I have!







I'm really excited about this new adventure!

4 comments:

Lilly said...

Looks good, real good. Surely you have more stuff than that. If not, I know where you can get a truck load.I do hope it goes well and that you can let ebay and esty go. Just concentrate on one thing and don't spread yourselves too thin. Love the laundry basket display. :)

xxoo Lil

Sandy said...

It looks so creative and you have everything displayed so nicely. Keep us informed how it's doing.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

I'm looking forward to getting down there and seeing it. And I wish you the best of luck with the venture. I keep wanting Erin to get a booth there. Told her I'd split it with her if she'd work it. So far she hasn't gone for it.

Anonymous said...

Wish I lived near you. Your booth looks great! No surprise. You did a great job in a hurry. luv from lkpt