I told "The Boy" that we just could not trust Bitsey with a puppy right now. Things needed to settle down for a while.
But, you can not always plan your life and you have to take a leap of faith sometimes......
And when one door closes another one opens.....
So when these "circumstances" happened, we just had to believe it was meant to be,,,,,
When my Hubby had to call our original vet to tell her the sad news, she hesitated to tell him of a Pug who had to be "rescued" - His owners divorced and one could not have pets- the other did not want him. He was living outside - in the South-in the heat. They were going by each day to feed him. He is six years old and 17 pounds (bigger than Bitsey). Good with other dog, cats, children.....You can see that he fit our family...... it was meant to be. He will not replace our Eli, but he will make his own place in our hearts!
So here is our MAX!
He has been the first of our herd to go right into the pool. When he lays down he has "frog" legs sticking out behind him. He has a big tongue, but does not give kisses -yet. He can sit for a treat. He has a big personality - the other dogs are a little bit in shock- he barks and runs and chases balls. They all missed their afternoon nap today trying to keep up with him!

7 comments:
That just made my day! what a wonderful addition to you home. Love the pic of your husband and the new boy. We are also thinking of getting another one even though we said we might get a cat instead. Our little Emma needs another pug companion.
Oh I LOVE that picture of your husband and Max! Both very handsome! Congrats on the new addition!
That is WONDERFUL!!!! They never replace, they make their own place! Congratulations!
So happy for the family. DH looks so happy with Max. Is he missing some bottom teeth? Did you read about the pug in the parade section of today's paper. Made me think of Eli. Have you de-flead Max. Does Max realize that he is about to be spoiled? Does he like baby carrots? Have a happy life, Max.
xxoo Lil
I am so sorry about Eli. I know how hard it is to say goodbye. Rosie has been gone for 7 years and I still miss her and think of her often.
Max looks like a big old lovey! Cute pic with your husband.
Rhonda
Congratulations on Max!! I am also a pug owner, so I'm extra-excited and happy for you.
Max is such a handsome and happy looking boy. Give him and all your other pets some ♥♥♥ from me!
Awww. Max looks deliriously happy! I do believe he likes his new home.
Post a Comment