
I wish I took a picture of this when I first got it - but honestly I felt like a was in a race to save it. I found this canvas at an early morning yard sale a couple of weeks ago. It was on the ground and damp. The photo was falling apart - pieces were missing already. At first I just walked by it. I even got in the truck with my other loot. I just could not get her face out of my mind! Much to my Hubby's dismay I jumped back out to the car and ran back to buy her...for a quarter. As I carried her back to the truck I had to stop and gather pieces that were falling off! I had a vision of her in a spooky Halloween
vignette.....

I put her in the sun to dry, then began to piece her back together. I had to
restaple the canvas to the frame and glue the pieces back down. I used
Mod Podge. I gave it 2 top coats and even coated the back of the canvas. I put some ruffled black ribbon
around the edge of the canvas to hide my staples. I shopped my craft room for scraps to dress her for Halloween. A piece of an old doily on the corner and the ribbon with "BOO" cover most of the missing pieces of the picture. The crow covers a puncture. His feathers came from an old hat. The creepy black fabric came from Dollar Tree.

The crow and "BOO" came from
Graphics Fairy. I printed them on brown mailing paper.

The accessories are not glued on because I am already thinking of dressing her for Christmas. I just used handy tack to stick them on! Total cost of project = $1.34 (most of the supplies I already had)
We named her Charity Violet. I have not been very crafty lately so this little project was great therapy.
2 comments:
that is fabulous!!!
What a great job you did with Charity Violet. Good for you. I found and am following you through Bloggeritaville and hope to visit more often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you could follow me also. I would love that. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris.
Post a Comment