Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thrifty Thursday -Merry Christmas!

My yard sales, estate sales and thrift stores this week have all had a theme... Vintage Christmas! This must be the time of year to start collecting these cuties! I wish I could find the room to keep them all but, my house already could qualify for the "Hoarders" TV shows!

Found these three cuties out in the country at a little church yard sale...

From the thrift store came Frosty...

And this Santa mug with tiny vintage balls....



Some of these also came from my favorite thrift store.... I love the details of these teeny vintage wooden ornaments- that piano is so cute!




And look at that clock!




I think this one came from an estate sale.....




Most of these angels came from an estate sale....



Of course I want to keep them all but Hubby says they are destined for ebay and etsy...What will I sneak away? Well, this little angel is broken so I will give her a home...she is missing a bird but that does not bother me!




But my favorite thing this week is this baby angel found at that same little church sale!



After I got her home I found that she had been passed down a family.....


1947 to 1968 to 2001.... She will be at home here for as long as I'm around!!!


So now I'm off to what other thrifty treasures are turning up at Leigh's Thrifty Thursday!

2 comments:

AM said...

these are fantastic finds! I especially love the big Frosty the snowman! Reminds me of the vintage Santas I found at Goodwill last year! Cant wait to put them out again this year!

Sandy said...

I love seeing the things you find at the sales. I love those vintage/retro pine cone santas! And that old ornament that was signed is just so amazing to see think of the years it has been around. Thank you for the comments on our sweet Alfred. He was a good old boy and we'll miss him.