Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby Projects

Santa brought me the smocking pleater I have wanted since I took a class this fall. I have not used it yet because I need a lesson. These are the projects I worked on in the class. First is a little sundress for the summer with bunnies.
Close up of the front-





The back has the backside of the bunnies with little button tails-


Project #2 was a collar. It is whip stitched on this ivory short sleeve dress. I have some panties cut out to match. It should fit this summer.





Next summer I can move the collar to a larger dress. I made a printed sleeveless dress so they would look different-



My next project is a white bishop dress- newborn size. The smocking is done -I just need to put it together. I might need to put that at the top of my to do list...6 weeks to the due date!

7 comments:

Lilly said...

Gorgeous !!! So proud of all your work.

xxoo Lil

Sandy said...

Wow, everything is so pretty. That will be a sweet, lucky baby girl in those clothes. My SIL does that kind of work, too. She has grandsons but needs a granddaughter to make the girl clothes!

Keetha Broyles said...

Those dresses are to die for cute!!!

Funny how different we all are - - - if Fisherhubby gave me a "pleater" for Christmas, I would THROW IT IN HIS FACE!!!! I HATE to sew. And here, it was the exact desire of your heart! Amazing!

I suppose you'd HATE being given football paraphernalia, which would delight me to no end.

LOL - - - - life - - - gotta love it!

AM said...

Oh my gosh! These are so amazing! This is the kind of stuff you find in high end boutiqes! Beautiful!

Andrea said...

Beautiful work---I used to smock back in the day, got back into it a couple years ago but mostly to teach some other ladies how to make Christmas ornaments.

kristie said...

i would absolutely wear the sundress with bunnies! i love it! you do amazing work.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

It's no surprise you took to smocking so quickly. Finally, you'll have a little girl to sew for! I've saved all my Sew Beautiful and Creative Needle magazines and more that I've picked up through the years just in case I'm bitten by the bug if and when girl grandbabies come along. If you want to borrow some, just say the word.