Wednesday, January 15, 2014

RUST AND DUST


 I gave a little preview of our new project and thought I would update in a couple of days when we got it complete.  It took longer than planned as usual....and it will never be complete, but here it is today.


 We decided to move one booth out of Hubby's corner of 3 booths to the opposite side of the building.  It seemed like the painted furniture projects were getting lost in the Flea Market look of the other booths.  One side of the building is more vintage/antique  and  the other side is more eclectic.  We are trying to keep this booth more neutral colors with a touch of aqua, green and blue.  And not quite so crowded.  Let's see how long that lasts!!


This booth had never been painted.  I decided to leave the pegboard as is for now because light colored things like frames show up well against it.  I did paint the lower walls since the mdf board had writing all over it which took 2 coats of primer and one coat of a taupe color (Lowe's mis-tint for cheap!).  Also hung a burlap ruffle around the top of the walls to dress it up.  The sign was made from a vintage screen purchased from another vendor, burlap flowers and scrapbook paper.


Some of the things came from the old booth and some are things we have made new in the last two weeks.  Tommy has been into furniture lately,  The  two step stool is so cute. The plans came from www.ana-white.com.   Painted with chalk paint.



We moved this giant chalkboard over from the other booth and gave it a face lift.  It was orange for Auburn but never sold so now it is more neutral.  The little drop leaf table has been in my dining room for a year waiting for a repair and paint.


Tommy saw and made this clock over the weekend.  Love pallet wood!

The shutter shelves  have been sitting around half finished for a year.  And the burlap topiaries moved from my booth to dress up this new piece.

Tommy also built this from plans in Ana White's book "Handbuilt Home."  I love the details of this piece and wish I could keep it.  He really distressed it and stained it before I painted it (again with chalk paint).  The knobs have maps so I lined the drawers with old maps to match.




 
 
 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

The booth looks great and very inviting. I do like the colors you have put together. I know y'all's hard work is going to pay off.