Friday, June 1, 2012

Spring Cleaning














Technically it is still spring....until June 21st...so I may be late but I am cleaning some areas of my house that have been neglected for a long time. This corner of my bedroom was so cluttered that you could not see the dust and dirt. It had become the dumping ground for mail, magazines and bric-brac. No before picture -too embarassing. So I moved everything out and purged and scrubbed. For a change I moved the suitcases in and moved a piecrust table to the dining room. This led me to finding homes for some of the bric-brac. I gathered all my birds and vintage planters (bird related) to move them to the dining room.









This led me to cleaning off the dining room table, getting out a vintage tablecloth and some plants - that made a home for these birds-






The piecrust table got dusted and most of the birds and planters landed here-






I made myself obey the "less is more" rule and only put 6 things on the table. All of these are yard sale or thrift store treasures. Most of them were supposed to go to our booth and maybe they will.....one day!















One bird, a flamingo, landed in the hall- which meant I had to clean up the hall- I was running out of steam so I just went shopping around the house for some beachy things and rearranged - no big cleaning here- yet!












-Soon I will be looking at this view in Orange Beach!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks great. You have a nice way of arranging a vignette. I think I will follow your ideas and clean and purge. I have a large box that I can put my purged items in and it may be headed south. :)I decided against the table runner because for less money, TJMaxx had one that I love but did not buy. So I will make a smaller one out of a smaller drop cloth and give you the larger drop cloth. :)

Sandy said...

You have a great way of grouping items together. It made me chuckle to think of one area leading to another. I know you'll have a great time at the beach. Nothing better than being able to stay right on the beach!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

I'm impressed! Love the flamingo. And to keep the tiered shelf down to 6 things? Wow!
I'm pretty sure your "embarrassing" mess couldn't hold a candle to mine. Not even close. And I have multiples. I was actually thinking this morning of taking some before pictures just to make the rest of the world feel better. LOL Maybe shame myself into doing something about it.