Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Jimmy Table

Here is a project that I have been working on this week that I call the "Jimmy Table." If you know my hubby you will be able to figure out the name. I confess that I have been a little slow in finishing it because I have grown to love it and will hate to sell it!
Sorry I didn't take before pictures, but picture a 70's maple end/coffee table. We got it from a college student on his way out of town. It sat in our booth for 2 months - did not sell- but was good for storage and display. I got this idea from the blog world in several different places and adapted it for this table.
It is a heavy solid piece of furniture - real wood. I just got my first can of Annie Sloan chalk paint, so this was picked as the test. NO SANDING. Just painted it on and sanded areas to distress it. I later learned that you do not even need to sand -you can use a damp sponge.

I used a clock in my bathroom to copy the Roman Numerals and hands. Then I used Annie Sloan soft wax to finish it. I am sold on these products! They aren't cheap but a little goes a long way. I still have a lot more paint and wax in the cans.


So this week I will be sending Jimmy to the booth to find his new home- but I will be looking for another round table to recreate one I can keep! Oh yeah...It is Jimmy because .............. "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!"

3 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

LOVE your table...i painted a "clock" table last summer and still regret selling it! Enjoy yours!

Pam said...

That looks fantastic!

Lilly said...

LOVE IT. Tell me again where you got your paint. xxoo Lil