Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

When my Hubby and I were out yard saleing last weekend we found this poor, dirty, broken typewriter. I wanted it for the keys- to make charms. But, the $10 price was too much . They really just wanted to get rid of it so they said "How about $2?" so home it came!

I cleaned it up a little and will not be able to destroy it for parts now.....I love it!



$2 qualifies this for "Thrifty" decorating! I'll be linking up to Leigh's party!

5 comments:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

I love old typewriters! I learned to type on a manual typewriter...although, not one THAT old. eek, I think that means I'm old, lol!

Lilly said...

Great. I had one - remember that old but good thing? I gave it away to get rid of it. Glad you got this one.

xxoo Lilly

Betty said...

What a neat old typewriter. And it works!

kristie said...

very cute! i wouldn't rip the keys off either.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I LOVE this Thrifty Thursday. I couldnt tear it up either. I can just imagine all it was used for. What a great find!