Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

This Thursday I have some of my Dollar Tree fall decorations to share. I saw some silver pumpkins this year that were larger-but priced $15.99. This small one was $1. I just spray painted it and rubbed a little antique glaze over it to "tarnish" it.
Also from Dollar Tree -this topiary I made last year- is made from a candle holder and 3 pumpkins. I sprayed them white, rubbed the glaze on them, pulled off 2 of the stems and glue gunned them in a stack. $4 + paint

The crow tree I made last year got lost in the attic- I only bought 2 crows this year because I know I'll find the lost ones sooner or later. I sprayed some twigs black and glued on a few leaves (also from Dollar Tree). Under the tree is a place mat that I glued on the rest of the package of leaves. I had plans of making place mats for a tablescape, but I ended up giving away 2 of the mats and used the rest of my leaves on the lampshade I showed last Friday!


I guess Lulu did not appreciate the crows in the house because she hunted this one down!
Check out the other "Thriftiness" at Leigh's place! I always come away with some ideas to file away for inspiration!

8 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Oh, poor dead crow. =0/

Just kidding!

Love your post.

blessings on your Thursday.

barbara jean

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Greatm great ideas!!!! LOVE those! Love that topiary, love the crows int eh trees (hate that one met his maker..) and love the silver painted one! How pretty. And I wouldnt have thgouht to paint one silver. Beautiful! YOu always inspire me friend!
Thanks for linking up this week with your treasures!

LOVE and Hugs,
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

PS- email me your home mailing address, will you?

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Love the silver pumpkin! And the pumpkin topiary. Very nice :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

You have some great ideas. It's amazing what those items would look like at my house -- probably look like a basket of dead crows on a bed of leaves - but you, you make the same items look elegant. WOW. Thank you :)

Kristin - The Goat

Old Time Cindy said...

What fun and creative projects. Your fallen crow made me laugh. I have to be careful with what I decorate with. Everything can become a toy! LOL!
Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

prashant said...

great ideas!!!! LOVE those! Love that topiary, love the crows int eh trees (hate that one met his maker..
Work From Home

Ally's Corner said...

Love the topiary and tree. Oh I love everything. I also love the dollar tree.

Ally

Random Musings said...

Oh no.. poor crow..

You are so amazing at decorating I have no idea how you think of some of this stuff!