Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Arm Art

Almost 2 years ago my Hubby and Son #3 ran in the Walt Disney World Marathon. DH says it was his first and last marathon. He trained for a year. I'm proud that he set that goal and stuck to it. He toughed it out and finished. Then he got the idea (he says I gave him the idea) of getting a tattoo in celebration. Last week he met that goal, too! I went with him and watched. The place seemed clean and I think the artist did a great job. He did not seem to be in any pain during the long 2 hour process - in fact, he had a great time laughing and talking through it! And no- not for me- I have no plans of getting one!

9 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Awww, so I shouldn't feel so bad now with YOUR story. Oh my, I had to chuckle a little at that one. Glad it wasn't worse. Those brain cells just don't connect as well as they used to. Thanks for coming by.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, and I love your little burlap lampshade. How did you do the monogram & that outer circle? So cute!

Gerry said...

Just don't know about Mickey Mouse. Jury is still out. I do like the 26.1 . Glad all of the kids were home. Now that is a houseful ! #1 daughter looks great. Mighty fine family.

xxoo Lilly

j said...

You've got to respect a man with a Mickey Mouse tattoo. He must be a lot of fun to be around.

Have a great week!

kristie said...

that is BRAVE! i think a tattoo would hurt like the dickens and to sit there for that long...wow.

Alexa@HomeIdeaResource said...

Gotta love Mickey! hehe...Nice tattoo!

Nevis said...

Hubba hubba! :p

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

COngratualtions to him! Thats awesome!

Random Musings said...

Umm I hate to be the bearer of bad news but a full marathon is 26.2 miles... a half is 13.1 miles?

Did he know this? Or just want it to be different?