
As usual our weekend was spent around the dining room project, with a touch of Valentines. This is the cute mailbox I decorated for Mom's Valentine with scrapbook paper. I saw it on a blog that I zoomed by and lost! But I remembered the important points and tried it out. The little metal mailbox came from Target's $1 aisle. The scrapbook paper was added with my favorite- Mod Podge!

We rewarded ourselves for working with Red Velvet cupcakes all weekend!

When we did the Parlor last year we found this sealed inside the fireplace. Since we got a complete electric insert for that fireplace we could not use it. So now we have figured out how to use it in the dining room fireplace. First it got a paint job and had to be "glued" back together.

The new electric logs will sit up inside it. It looks good when it is turned on. The white area behind the logs reflects the fake flames! DH has the cement board attached so now we can work out a tile pattern.

The big change is sheet rock! The ceiling went up on Saturday. Thank goodness for the lift! There is no way we could work with these tall ceilings without it!

The walls started going up Sunday and Monday. He is about half way around the room!


While he has accomplished all of this (I am mostly just the clean-up crew) I have done a little sewing. The curtains are cut out, not the lining only the main fabric. I am stuck on the trim/fringe I am going to use. I'm too frugal to buy what I like best!!!! I just can't spend more on the trim than I did on the fabric! On the other hand I get a great deal on the fabric so I could justify spending more on the trim!!?? And I got a good start on another project this weekend. We have a swing in the backyard with a canopy that has seen better days- it is a least 10 years old. I've recovered the seat cushions once- but not the canopy. So this year it gets the full make over. Everything is cut out-canopy, 3 seat cushions and 4 throw pillows. I finished the throw pillows today. The canopy is about half done. I feel like if I blog about it I am committed to finishing it!
5 comments:
ooooh! are the cupcakes from scratch?? red velvet is my absolute favorite, but I've never found a recipe to beat our wedding cake...
help?? :o)
guess i never realized HOW tall your ceilings are! thank goodness for that lift! i want to see all the sewing projects when you are finished with them.
I say, since you gota deal on the fabric, you should get what you really want for the trim. ;)
That's a lot of progress! I think you should splurge on the trim. Can you imagine how much all this would cost you if you had to hire people to do it for you? I think you should splurge on a detail like that!
That is the cutest mailbox.
Post a Comment