Friday, February 29, 2008

Finished Project

This is one of my favorite projects - ever- my bathroom! I wish I had before pictures, but that was before we entered the digital age. We gutted the old bathroom. The only things we saved were this wonderful old tub and the trim around the window and door. The floor was 3 layers of linoleum/vinyl with rotten wood underneath. Now I have white and cobalt tile. The tub was painted with pinkish wall paint. It got the full makeover and a new faucet. We replaced the bead board (rotten and so much paint that the grooves were filled in) and added
a picture shelf all the way around the room. We also moved the tub where the sink was to make room for a larger sink. We added a wall to make a "potty" chamber for privacy. The vanity was the dresser used in my nursery. It had been in my parents' basement for about 40 years storing tools. My clever and talented husband ran plumbing between the drawers and refinished it. He also built a built-in bookshelf for more storage. The ceiling even got a make over- with some crown moulding and dental trim. I feel like a princess in my bathroom. Again, DH did the hard work. I had the vision and I did make the window treatments!

2 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Lynn! I'm so glad you decided to blog! That first one is the hardest, isn't it?

May I envy you your bathroom? Ours are so tiny, we turn around and bump into ourselves. Of course that's a lot less to clean, but it's much harder to get to the corners.

Erin said Angel's is having their yard sale tomorrow. I haven't decided if I'm going or not. Probably no. The couch is forming to my body and it's darn comfortable!

Maggie said...

Lynn,
Your bath is awesome! I wish we knew how to do the plumbing part ourselves. We've spent thousands on plumbing for this old house. We are hoping to paint the linen closet today and move our stuff in. It will so nice to go potty upstairs! It'll be nice to be done-our tools are everywhere and I just wnat to put everything away!

Your curtain is really neat- did you use a pattern. I think it's so pretty! Keep up the good work!
Sincerely,
Maggie